The Irk River Valley Project is a true partnership in every sense of the word. The project is a real opportunity to make a real difference to local communities and their environment, a vision which is shared by all those involved.
The Irk Valley Steering Group consists of local people who use Irk Valley sites, Councillors and officers from both the public and private sector. These include Manchester Leisure, Groundwork Manchester, North Manchester Regeneration, H Marcel Guest, The Countryside Agency, Red Rose Forest and the Mersey Basin Campaign.
The commitment and determination of people involved in the Irk River Valley Project is already having a positive effect on the environment.
- Irk Valley Conservation Management
- Irk Valley
- Smedley Dip and Hendham Vale
- Blackley Forest Local Nature Reserve
- Harpurhey Reservoir and Ponds
- Broadhurst Clough
- Shackliffe Green
- Blackley Vale
- Bailey's Wood
- Ashenhurst Common
- Alkrington Woods
- Tweedle Common and French Barn Lane
- Nutbank Common
- Groups associated with the areas
- Walking maps
- Sand Street and Sandhills
- St Michael's and Angel Meadow