Connecting people, places and opportunities
Irwell River Park will be a unique concentration of international destinations, outstanding routeways and important connections at the heart of the Manchester City Region, creating the largest employment and investment location outside Central London.
Many of the region's most important economic assets are found on the banks of the River Irwell and Irwell River Park will provide a new sustainable connection between them.
The scheme will create linkages between:
- Commercial, business and residential districts such as Spinningfields, Greengate and Salford Central;
- MediaCityUK and Salford Quays with the Lowry and Imperial War Museum North; and
- Trafford Quays, closely linked to two of the UK's leading sports venues, as well as major employment locations including Trafford Park and Trafford Wharfside.
A programme of £72 million investment will deliver all the key components of Irwell River Park.
This transformational scheme will:
- Provide excellent waterside places and spaces;
- Introduce iconic infrastructure, creating a landmark for both local people and visitors;
- Provide a continuous 8km route ensuring consistent quality, connectivity and accessibility;
- Enhance a sustainable park providing the development and protection of natural habitats along the waterside and reducing dependence on carbon-based forms of transport within the city centre;
- Build stronger, healthier, more active communities, providing new leisure and recreation opportunities; and
- Increase employment accessibility and enhance liveability for local people.
For more information visit www.irwellriverpark.com
- Great Jackson Street Draft Development Framework
- Public Consultation: Mayfield
- Contact the City Centre Regeneration Team
- Co-Operative Estate
- First Street Framework
- Water Street
- Relocation of the Cenotaph
- Public Consultation - ITV Quay Street & Water Street Development Framework (February 2012)
- City Centre Regeneration Document Library
- NOMA highways project: noise insulation