Let us know if something in your life changes that affects your benefits
The law says you must tell us if there is any change to the information we used to decide if you get Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support or free school meals.
Tell us about changes to:
- your home details: for example if change address, change your tenancy, or get a new landlord
- your payments: for example who we pay benefit to, or the way the benefit is paid
- your circumstances and your partner’s circumstances: for example your name, job, the benefits you get, your income or savings
- the people you live with: for example their name, job, the benefits they get, their income or savings. Tell us if someone moves out or a new person moves in.
- your children: such as starting school or changing school - we need the name and address of the school.
If you’re not sure - tell us anyway.
Make sure you tell us as soon as possible. If you don’t you may not get what you’re entitled to. Or you may get too much and would have to pay it back - or even have your benefit stopped. You could even face criminal charges for fraud.