Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on Sunday.

Read our tribute.


Japanese Knotweed

  1. Item

    Japanese Knotweed

  2. Image

  3. What to do. . .

    You can't dispose of Japanese knotweed in your green bin (garden waste) or take it to the tip (household recycling centre) it must be disposed of as controlled waste. Report a problem with weeds

  4. Important information

    You should not try to remove or dispose of Japanese Knotweed as it could cause the plant to spread, which is an offence.

  5. Find your nearest tip (HWRC)

    There are three Household Waste Recycling Centres (Tips) in Manchester. Find your nearest HWRC Centre (tip)

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?