We only hold some brief records relating to the hospital site and staff. The main collection is held by Central Manchester University Hospitals Heritage Archive and includes:
- 300 volumes of minute books, includes Board, finance and medical committees (1752 to 1989)
- 121 volumes of annual reports (1752 to 1966)
- 27 volumes of newspaper cuttings (1865 to 1935)
- 27 volumes of register of nurses (1878 to 955).
- 69 volumes of register of deaths (1858 to 2003)
- 289 volumes of surgical/medical autopsy reports (1868 to 2001)
- 101 volumes of admissions registers (1752 to 1968)
- 273 volumes of operation registers (1890 to 1984)
- Photographic collection
How to access
Patient records over 100 years old can be accessed. Details of records that have been held for less time can sometimes be released.
For academic research or if you have any enquiries, email: Ian.Calloway@cmft.nhs.uk or call: 0161 223 9452.
Physical access is not available to the public.
Location of the site