A new Prestwich Union workhouse was built in c.1868 at Crumpsall. After the combining of Prestwich and Manchester Unions in 1915, it was known as Crumpsall Infirmary Annexe.
In 1918 it was renamed Delaunay's Road Institution and later became Delaunay's Hospital, which in turn, became part of the North Manchester General Hospital in 1972.
Inmates records of the Prestwich Union Workhouse appear not to have survived, although we do hold: Papers of George E T Hill relating to the Prestwich Union Workhouse, Crumpsall, and the Crumpsall Institution and Infirmary, 1872 to 1934 (ref GB127.M252).
The Manchester and Lancashire Family History Society have indexed the admission register for the asylum from 1851 to 1901 this index is on findmypast.
How to access
Location of the site