To hold a charitable street collection or house to house collection for money and/or goods a permit is required from us.
A statement of return completed by a qualified accountant, detailing the amount received and the expenses incurred should be submitted within one month following each collection.
Before submitting your application check the Charity collection register to see if the date/area you want your collection is available.
We are accepting applications for permits for street collections to be conducted in 2018.
Initial allocation of permits will take place during December 2017. Any application received after the initial allocation has taken place will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note the following:
- You must include written authorisation from the charity/organisation that is to benefit from the collection;
- Where the collection is to take place on privately owned land (for example: the Etihad Stadium, Manchester Universities, Manchester Arndale Centre, Manchester Airport, all Manchester railway stations etc) you must include written authorisation from the landowner or leaseholder;
- A benefiting charity shall usually only be allocated a permit in the city centre for one Saturday and one Sunday per calendar year;
- A benefiting charity shall usually only be allocated one collection in any given three month period within the calendar year;
- Any application that is incomplete or not accompanied by the required information or authorisation shall be rejected; and
Please be advised that additional permission is required to collect where a market is taking place (eg, Manchester Christmas Markets). Please contact Manchester Markets for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Application, guidance notes or terms and condition
Apply for a Charitable street collections permit
View the guidance notes
Please note a statement of return is required to be submitted no more than one calendar month following the date of the collection. You can scan the form and email to email@example.com or alternatively you can post it:Premises Licensing Manchester City Council Level 1 Town Hall Extension Albert Square PO Box 532 M60 2LA
The following are required to be submitted with the application:
- details of contract with charity;
- bank account details into which the collection monies will be paid;
- previous year’s accounts; and
- literature about organisation(s) who will benefit from this collection.
Processing and timescales
The application will be processed within 28 working days.
If the application is refused, then you have the right to appeal to the Minister of the Cabinet Office within 14 days of the refusal.
Validity and renewals
Valid on the day(s) granted only.
View the Charity collection register to see when are where collections are taking place, within Manchester
Contact us in the first instance