Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on Sunday.

Read our tribute.


Dangerous wild animals

  1. Summary

    You need a licence to keep any dangerous wild animals. 

    An authorised officer and vet will inspect the premises where any animal will be kept to ensure the conditions are suitable. 

  2. Fees

    £202 + Vet fees

  3. Application, guidance notes or terms and condition

    Apply for a dangerous wild animal licence

  4. Legislation

    A licence will only be granted when we are satisfied the applicant is a suitable person, the animal's accommodation is adequate & secure and there is no public safety issues.


  5. Validity and renewals

    The licence is valid for a maximum 12 months and is renewed 1 January each year.

  6. Complaints

    Contact us in the first instance

  7. Email

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?