Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on Sunday.

Read our tribute.


Environment permitting - part A2 transfer form

  1. EUGO

    Eugo Logo

  2. Summary

    To transfer all or part of a permit to a different operator, you need to complete a transfer notification form for the local authority in which the installation is located.

    This applies to all Part B and Part A2 Environmental Permits for the operation of certain industrial processes and commercial activities with emissions to air and the wider environment.

    Part of an installation can be transferred to a third party in which case the application needs to set out which specific activities and processes will be part of the transfer to the new operator.

  3. Fees

    See document which lists all the relevant fees.

    DEFRA have introduced a £52 charge for late payment of environmental subsistence fees. Invoices that remain unpaid 8 weeks after the invoice date can incur the discretionary £52 charge.

  4. Application, guidance notes or terms and condition

    Apply for an A2 transfer permit

  5. Attachments required

    Refer to guidance notes (section 3), which advises attachments required to be submitted with your application.

  6. Processing and timescales

    Thank you for your application which has been received and will be responded to within 14 days.

  7. Legislation

    If further information is required the applicant will be notified by the regulator and they must provide this information or the application will be deemed to be withdrawn.

    The application must be from the operator of the regulated facility.
    For waste operations no licence will be granted unless any required planning permission had first been granted.

    A summary of the regulation relating to this licence can be found here:

  8. Validity and renewals

    The Permit will remain in force until it is either surrendered or revoked.

    There is an annual subsistence fee charged for the regulation of the process to the prescribed standards.

  9. Register

    You can view the online public register

  10. Complaints

    Contact us in the first instance

    An applicant who is refused an environmental permit may appeal to the appropriate authority (Secretary of State). Appeals must be lodged no later than six months from the date of the decision.

  11. Email

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?