Manchester City Council

Environment permitting - part A2 variation form

  1. EUGO

    Eugo Logo

  2. Summary

    Substantial changes to a Permitted Process need to be registered with the local authority where it is operating.

    The changes in the process are reviewed by the local authority regulator and incorporated into the operating conditions for the process. A revised Environmental Permit is then issued to the operator, following public consultation on the changes.

  3. Fees

    See document which lists all the relevant fees.

    DEFRA have introduced a £52 charge for late payment of environmental subsistence fees. Invoices that remain unpaid 8 weeks after the invoice date can incur the discretionary £52 charge.

  4. Application, guidance notes or terms and condition

    Apply for an A2 variation permit

  5. Attachments required

    Please refer to guidance notes (section 3), which advises attachments required to be submitted with your application

  6. Processing and timescales

    The details of the process changes are reviewed to ensure that all the necessary information has been included in the variation form. The local authority officer will acknowledge the application and either seek further information from the applicant, or confirm that the application has been ‘duly made’.

  7. Legislation

    If further information is required the applicant will be notified by the regulator and they must provide this information or the application will be deemed to be withdrawn.

    The application must be from the operator of the regulated facility.
    For waste operations no licence will be granted unless any required planning permission had first been granted.

    A summary of the regulation relating to this licence can be found here:

  8. Validity and renewals

    The Permit will remain in force until it is either surrendered or revoked.

    There is an annual subsistence fee charged for the regulation of the process to the prescribed standards.

  9. Register

    You can view the online public register

  10. Complaints

    Contact us in the first instance

    An applicant who is refused an environmental permit may appeal to the appropriate authority (Secretary of State). Appeals must be lodged no later than six months from the date of the decision.

  11. Email

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?