Manchester City Council

Environment permitting - part B surrender of permit

  1. EUGO

    Eugo Logo

  2. Summary

    To surrender a permit for the operation of certain industrial processes and commercial activities with emissions to air, you need to complete a surrender notification form for the local authority in which the installation is located. This relates to activities such as manufacturing activities using organic solvents, incinerators, mobile crushers, waste oil burners, vehicle respraying, cement works, petrol filling stations and dry cleaners.

  3. Fees


  4. Application, guidance notes or terms and condition

    Apply to Surrender a part B permit

  5. Processing and timescales

    The completed surrender details are reviewed to ensure that all the necessary information has been included in the surrender form. The local authority officer will either accept the surrender of the permit or seek further information within 14 days.

  6. Legislation

    If further information is required the applicant will be notified by the regulator and they must provide this information or the application will be deemed to be withdrawn.

    The application must be from the operator of the regulated facility.

    For waste operations no licence will be granted unless any required planning permission had first been granted.

    A summary of the regulation relating to this licence can be found here:

  7. Validity and renewals

    The Permit will remain in force until it is either surrendered or revoked.

    There is an annual subsistence fee charged for the regulation of the process to the prescribed standards.

  8. Register

    You can view the online public register

  9. Complaints

    Contact us in the first instance

    An applicant who is refused an environmental permit may appeal to the appropriate authority (Secretary of State). Appeals must be lodged no later than six months from the date of the decision.

  10. Email

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?