A standard hackney carriage licence will not be issued or renewed for a vehicle more than 12 years old. A standard private hire licence will not be issued or renewed for a vehicle more that 7 years old.
We may waiver the age restriction if we consider the vehicle is of an exceptional standard.
A licence will not be issued or renewed for a vehicle more than 10 years old unless:
- the vehicle has been manufactured to Euro III or higher specification or has fitted either a PCO/Energy Saving Trust (EST) approved emissions reduction scheme.
- the vehicle has wheelchair access.
- Hackney carriage vehicle - £491
- Private hire vehicle - £327
Application, guidance notes or terms and condition
- Original log book - V5C;
- Full service history; and
- Original valid insurance certificate.
If you are not a licensed driver just an owner the we also require the following:
- Statutory declaration;
- Passport size photograph; and
- Original British birth certificate or EEA passport.
Processing and timescales10 working days
Validity and renewals
Email email@example.com in the first instance