Manchester City Council

Payments unavailable

We will be carrying out some work between 2am and 4am on Friday 25 May. During this time you won't be able to make any payments through the site.


Private hire vehicle transfer request

  1. Summary

    You should notify us if you wish to transfer a private hire vehicle to another person.

    New owners are advised to read the private hire vehicle guidance and age and emission policy before any sale is agreed.  We cannot be held responsible for any deception or fraudulent activity between the parties involved.

  2. Fees


  3. Application, guidance notes or terms and condition

    Download a notification to transfer a private hire vehicle licence, complete the form and submit with all relevant information together with payment (all details are included within the form).

    If you are an owner and a driver you also need to submit a statutory declaration

    Private hire vehicle guidance

    Please note: Hackney carriage and Private hire vehicles are exempt from a MoT. If you require a certificate of exemption please visit the government website to obtain a V112.

  4. Attachments required

    • A copy of page 1 and 2 of the log book V5C (vehicle registration document) - this must be in the new owner’s name and current address; and
    • A current insurance certificate or valid cover note relating to the vehicle and its intended use as a public hire vehicle.  Insurance must be in the name of the new owner(s). If new owner(s) is not a licensed driver, the insurance certificate must state a named driver.

    If the new owner(s) is not a current licensed driver, you also need to provide:

    • An owners statutory declaration:
    • Recent passport acceptable colour photograph; and

    Either one of the following:

    • EEA Passport – if you do not hold a current EEA passport, you will need to provide evidence that you are entitled to remain in this country and able to work, OR
    • Birth certificate, if issued in the UK. If producing a birth certificate, you must also provide official evidence of your National Insurance number, for example, a P45, P60 or your National Insurance card. 

  5. Processing and timescales

    10 working days

  6. Validity and renewals

    Until expiry of original licence.

  7. Complaints

    Please email in the first instance

  8. Email

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?