SummaryApplication is subject to satisfactory inspection of the premises and a vet report confirming the premises are suitable.
The following criteria will be considering when processing the application:
- that consideration is given to the condition of the horses and they will be maintained in good health, kept physically fit and are suitable to be ridden or used during riding instruction;
- that the animals feet will be trimmed properly and that shoes are fitted properly and are in good condition;
- that there will be suitable accommodation for the horses;
- that for horses maintained on grass there is suitable pasture, shelter and water and that supplementary feed will be provided as and when needed;
- that horses will be provided with suitable food, drink and bedding materials and will be exercised, groomed, rested and visited at suitable intervals;
- that precautions will be taken to reduce the spread of contagious or infectious diseases and that veterinary first aid equipment and medicines will be provided and maintained;
- that appropriate procedures are in place to protect and remove the horses in the case of a fire and that as part of this the name, address and telephone number of the licence holder is displayed outside the premises and fire instructions are displayed;
- that storage facilities for forage, bedding, stable equipment and saddlery are provided.
To change any details of the licence a new application should be submitted.
Application, guidance notes or terms and condition
Processing and timescales
28 working days.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and must not have been disqualified from keeping at a riding establishment; pet shop; animal boarding establishment; owning animals or being able to influence how animals are kept or transported.
There is a right of appeal to the Magistrates Court if a licence is refused.
Validity and renewals
A licence is valid 12 months.
To view the public register email: EnvH_CRMTechSupp@manchester.gov.uk
Please contact us in the first instance.