692 Wilmslow Road, Didsbury, M20 2DN
0161 227 3755
About this library
One hundred years ago, the generous Scottish-American Andrew Carnegie funded this fabulous library building in Didsbury. And since 1915, when it was opened with a golden key, generations of Didsbury villagers have learned to love stories and learning and literature here.
Still going strong, his wonderful gift awaits you . . . the books still free, plus DVDs, wifi, local history, reading groups and fun activities for the next generation. What a gift.
Opening times for library
Computer access within the library will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Monday: 9am-8pm
- Tuesday: 9am-8pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9am-5pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-1pm; 2-5pm
Bank holidays we are closed.
Yes - access to the car park is to the rear of the library, off Barlow Moor Road
- Tiny tots & toddler time on Monday 2-2.30pm & Thursday 10–10.30am (term time only)
- Silver surfers (over 55) IT drop in session
- Didsbury good neighbours Wednesday 10-11.30pm
- Didsbury Library have 2 reading groups within the library - everyone is welcome:
- Meets: 2nd Tuesday of every month, 10.30-11.30am;
- Meets: 4th Tuesday of every month, 10.30-11.30am.
- Books for loan
- CDs for loan
- Children's DVDs for loan
- Free wifi in Manchester including libraries
- Computer facilities, internet & free computers
- DVDs for loan
- Exhibition space
- Health information point
- Language courses for loan
- Local studies collection
- Newspapers and magazines
- Printing and photocopying
- Reading group
- Talking books for loan
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries