Forum Square, Wythenshawe, M22 5RX
0161 227 3770
About this library
Looking for the latest bestseller? Need help jobseeking? Fancy a DVD -- from blockbusters to stand-up to Shakespeare? We’ve got storytimes and holiday fun. We’ve got wifi and PCs. We’ve got health advice, study zones and business info. We are bonkers about Wythenshawe’s heritage and we’ve got free Ancestry to trace your family tree. And if we’ve not got what you want – ask – we’ll get it!
Opening times for library
Computer access within the library will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Monday: 9am-8pm
- Tuesday: 9am-8pm
- Wednesday: 9am-5pm
- Thursday: 9am-5pm
- Friday: closed
- Saturday: 9am-1pm 2-5pm
Bank holidays we are closed.
Yes - please note charges apply
- Afro tots - play group - third Saturday each month, meeting room 1 at 2-4.45pm. Aimed at 11 year old and under, to play & learn about African culture (and different countries). We look at how their lives compare to live if Wythenshawe. £1 per child.
- Anxiety group - every Saturday we meet at 10am–12noon in the Macmillan room do you suffer from phobias or any other anxiety related problem?;
- Bridge club – every second and fourth Thursday of the month at 10am-12noon in the IT suite. Have you ever wanted to learn to play bridge? Come and join us on the;
- Chess club - enjoy chess? Join our regular players for a game. Every Monday 1-4pm in the reference library;
- Calligraphy club - friendly, creative group, meet every Wednesday from 1.30-3.30pm in the IT suite;
- Craft groups - do you knit, sew, crochet, make cards? Would you like to learn how? Call the Library for more information;
- Computer coding for kids. Every Monday 4-5pm - learn how to make animations and websites. For children aged 8-11 years;
- Family history club - join us each month for help, tips & advice on researching your family tree. First and third Thursday each month at 10.30am-12noon in the IT suite;
- Family law clinic with Otten Penna Solicitors - Every Thursday from 12noon-2pm in the IT suite forum library - no appointment necessary;
- Forum Quilters - Join us every Monday at 1-3pm. Located in the Maker Space where you'll get to use a sewing machine!
- Grand day out - over 55? Looking for a change? Join us every Wednesday at 10am-4pm; Easy rhythm chair based exercise;
- HP Sprout PC introduction sessions – every Mondays 5-6pm and Saturdays 2-3pm in the MakerSpace area of the library. Learn how to add a whole new dimension to your creativity: fully integrated desktop 3D scanning solution with 3D object capture, editing and multiple streamlined 3D print options;
- Job Club with MAES. Every Tuesday 9.30an-12noon - drop in to the job club and get online;Narcotics anonymous – every Tuesday 6-7.45pmm in meeting room 1. Membership is open to anyone with a drug problem seeking help;
- KNOT - knitting is enjoying a huge revival and we are right on trend with a thriving knitting group. Every Wednesday 1-5pm in meeting room 1;
- People first advice service – every Thursday 10am-1pm in meeting room 2. Advice service for clients needing support with: filling out forms, reading through letters, housing advice & more. Drop in session or if you prefer book an appointment call 235 6900;
- Paint pot art workshop - are you interested in art? Then come along to this self-taught group. Every Tuesday 12-4pm, meeting room 1;
- Reading group - last Tuesday of every month, 1.30-3pm - everyone is welcome;
- Wythenshawe University of the 3rd Age (U3A) – third Tuesday each month 10am-12noon in meeting room 1. Are you retired? Do you enjoy learning? Varied programme of speakers throughout the year;
- Wythenshawe history group - every Monday 6.30-8pm in the reference library or meeting room 1. Enjoy looking back at local history with a fun & friendly group of local residents. All welcome.
- Adult learning centre
- Benefits validation service
- Books for loan including other languages: Albanian, Bengali, Czech, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovac, Urdu
- Makerspace - lots of equipment and technology for you to use.
- CDs for loan
- Computer facilities, internet, wifi access & free computers
- DVDs and Blu-Ray DVDs for loan
- Fax facility
- Health information point
- Language courses for loan
- Local studies collection
- Macmillan information & support service
- Newspapers and magazines
- Parent and carer information point
- Printing and photocopying
- Talking Books for loan
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries