Hulme High Street, Moss Lane East, M15 5NN
0161 227 3739
About this library
Hulme had the very first branch library of Manchester’s free library – which was itself the country’s first free library. And free public access to books still matters here. We’ve opened up somewhere we can provide that up to 90 hours a week – at the leisure centre on Hulme High Street. Even when staff aren’t there you can collect, borrow return and renew books and log on to internet-ready computers.
Hulme’s pioneering, independent spirit lives on here.
Opening times for library
Computer access within the library will shut down 15 minutes before the centre closes.
The library will be open the same hours as the leisure centre (6.30am-9.30pm Mon-Fri & 9am-4.30pm Sat/Sun), and you will be able to:
- browse & borrow a selection of popular books;
- return & renew books;
- log on to internet-ready PCs; and
- collect reservations.
Library staff will be there as follows:
- Mondays: 1–5pm
- Tuesdays: 9am–1pm
- Wednesdays: 1–8pm
- Thursdays: 9am-1pm
- Fridays: 1–5pm
- Saturdays: 9am-1pm & 2–5pm
- Bank holidays we are closed.
Underground car parking
- Tiny tots & toddler time on Thursday 10.15-10.45am (term time only)
- Books for loan including other languages/collections: African-Caribbean
- Children's DVDs
- Free wifi in Manchester including libraries
- Computer facilities, internet access & free computers
- Health information point
- Local studies collection
- Newspapers and magazines
- Printing and photocopying
- Talking Books for loan
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries