Armed Forces Day is a chance to show your support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community.
Activities will include:
- a march past at 11.30am
- The Lancashire Artillery Band playing throughout the day, along with local Manchester bands The Backhanders and The Void with Nicola Greenwood
- a military display of vehicles, including a tank and Jet Provost cockpit
- the opportunity to try on real military kit and have a go at radio communications with the Military Veterans Museum UK
- information stalls to find out more about the military, as well as veteran support services
- family-friendly activities, including a climbing wall and face-painting
- delicious food and drink.
Central Library will be open throughout the event – why not pop in and see the fantastic archive material on the local military.
Once again there will be special offers available for Armed Forces personnel and veterans, on production of a Veteran’s Badge or Armed Forces ID card.
Please save the date in your diary, and come along to say ‘thank you’ and honour the outstanding contribution made by current members of the Armed Forces and veterans of all ages.
Come and enjoy a great day out for all the family in the heart of our city.