We have ten categories this year. Three of these will be dual awards, this means that there will be an award for both an individual, and a group (two or more people). This is because of the popularity and number of nominations we usually receive for these categories.
The categories are:
- Blossoming Communities - celebrating people or groups whose gardening achievements have brought about a positive change to the surroundings and the lives of people.
- Business in the Community - focusing on the businesses that invest resources, staff, time or money in their local community outside their core activity, and making a really positive impact.
- Community Force - acknowledging a person or group that has worked hard to create a safer neighbourhood and helped to make a community where people are proud to live.
- Community Project of the Year (dual award) - recognising fresh thinking in local projects that really get people involved, and help to build happy communities people are proud of.
- Creativity in the Community - championing community arts and creative projects, big or small, from individuals or groups. The winner will prove how creative activities can benefit individuals and strengthen communities.
- Clean City - this award could be for a project, an exceptional individual, or a group that has worked with their community to tackle local environmental problems, helping to create a cleaner, greener city for now and the future.
- Neighbour of the Year - a perfect opportunity to say ‘thank you’ to a neighbour whose kindness, practical help and support have made a real difference to you or your community.
- Unsung Hero (dual award) - honouring those who make a big difference but whose help often goes unnoticed. Whether it’s ongoing work or a big one-off, this person’s efforts deserve a moment in the spotlight.
- Volunteer of the Year (dual award) - highlighting the exceptional contribution made by volunteers, who give their time to improve the lives and environment of others.
- Young Achiever of the Year (under 18 years) - whatever their achievement, and whoever they have helped, this young individual or group will show pride and passion for and commitment to their community.
You can also download a printable version of the form.