Dealing with telephone enquiries
The Council has established a set of customer promises which are followed by all staff who deal with the public.
- We will answer all calls quickly and politely.
- We will give our name and section and ask you how we can help you.
- When you ring during working hours there will always be an option to speak to a person.
- You will be dealt with in a courteous and polite manner
- If it will take some time to answer your query we will ring you back, at a time that you have said is convenient.
- If you need to speak to someone else we will make sure you are connected to them and you will not have to repeat your details.
- All staff will be able to find a solution or signpost you to one of our partners.
- If we fail to meet these standards we will always apologise and try to put it right