- Site: On the site to the North of Manchester Creative and Media Academy for Boys and bounded by Victoria Avenue East
- Start on site: January 2011
- Construction team: Lend Lease
- Architects: Aedas
- Opening: September 2012 (in new building)
- Executive Principal: Barry Fishwick
- Lead sponsor: The Manchester College
- Co-sponsors: Manchester City Council, Microsoft
The Creative and Media Academies opened in September 2009 in their former school buildings (formally North Manchester High School for Girls and Boys). Since then, planning has been approved for the construction of a new £38million Academies campus adjacent to the current Boys Academy site bounded to the North by Victoria Avenue East . The two 750 place schools will remain as separate academies but will share dining facilities and the use of specialist classrooms.
The new academies building will offer a number of facilities to the local community including a recording studio, theatre, dance studio, music and drama rooms, ICT facilities, meeting rooms, catering facilities as well as a learning resource centre and café.
The new building will also include a number of environmentally friendly features, such as a green roof, a renewable energy-powered heating and ventilation system.
For more information please see Manchester Creative and Media Academies website.