Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on 18 February.

Read our tribute.


Schools, education & childcare Apply for a secondary school travel pass

What you need to apply

Everyone needs to send a passport style photo that is:

  • head and shoulders only, facing forwards
  • not smiling
  • portrait, not landscape
  • taken against a plain background
  • in colour, and
  • shows just one person in the picture.

If you are claiming because:

  • you get maximum Working Tax Credits we will need to see a copy of your Working Tax Credit award 2017/18, or
  • your child gets free school meals, we will need to see a full copy of your free school meals letter that you received form us, or
  • the child is in temporary or homeless families accommodation we will need to see evidence of this too.

How to apply

You can apply online if you can send us everything electronically.

We will accept scans and photos of evidence, for example, your free school meals letter as long as they are clear and all pages are included.

Upload the files from your computer or phone as you fill in the form. Make sure you have them ready before you start.

Download and print the application form to apply by post if you cannot upload these documents.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?