Manchester City Council

Manchester's thoughts and sympathies

Manchester is sharing its sympathy and solidarity with the family and friends of those killed in the attacks on London on 22 March.

Sign the online Book of condolence.


Homes & property Furnished housing (for social renting tenants)

If you rent from the Council or a housing association, you can get help to furnish, or partly furnish, your home.

A fully furnished home includes carpets, curtains, beds, table, chairs, sofas, cooker, freezer and so on.  A part-furnished package can include things like:

  • sofa, two armchairs, large dining table and four dining chairs (around £16 a week); or
  • bed and mattress, wardrobe and chest of drawers (around £8 a week)

Most people go for packages like this - but you can have just one item like a cooker. 


Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?