Benefits of working for Manchester City Council
We value our employees and we will support and encourage their developments in working hard to deliver better services.
As an employer, Manchester City Council recognises that its employees are central to everything it does. It is committed to the development of its employees, and has a number of initiatives in place to support this including a mentoring scheme and study support.
The council values its employees and has a number of schemes to reward and encourage their contributions. For example:
- Competitive rates of pay and a generous holiday entitlement
- Job share/flexible working (where possible)
- A final salary pension scheme
- Maternity, maternity support, paternity, parental and adoption leave
awards for excellence: where employees are nominated for awards across a range of categories , culminating in a gala evening presentation
- Volunteering opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package called MCR+. MCR+ incorporates the Vectis scheme, which is a national scheme used by other large public and private sector organisations. This provides range of benefits and offers at a local and national level including:
Childcare voucher scheme
Discounted public transport tickets
Interest free loans for public transport tickets
Bike to work scheme
A "Give as you earn" scheme
Discounted gym membership
A wide range of offers on entertainment and dining (including discounted theatre and concert tickets)
A wide range of retail offers (including discounts on hair and beauty and discounted shopping vouchers)
Savings on holiday purchases, insurance for the home, weekend breaks, mortgages, and much, much more.