Manchester City Council

Technical problems

Due to a technical problem we are unable to take payments via our contact centre. We are working to fix this as quickly as possible.

Services affected and other ways to pay.


Social services Mental health services for people over 18

Services for people with Mental Health problems

Sign Video

Mental Health services are delivered by the Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust. This is a joint partnership between the NHS and the City Council.

Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust are applying for Foundation Trust status, giving the people who use their services, carers, staff and the general public more say in the way services are delivered.

For more information, to become a member and to share your views please go to

You can find out about the trust and the services it provides on their website:

Mental Health in Manchester is a website provided by the NHS which may have information you'll find useful:

To speak to someone about getting help or support, get in touch with the Contact Service for Social Care.

To search a database of services which might be appropriate for you, some of which might be free, take a look at Help and Support Manchester, choose Mental Health & Well-being from the left hand menu.

You can also find out about the Mental Capacity Act, and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, which are guidelines to make sure people don't lose their rights to make their own decisions unnecessarily.

Manchester City Council also provides services for people with Sensory Impairments.

You can read our joint Mental Health Commissioning Strategy for 2009-2014.

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?