Manchester City Council

Roads, parking & transport Hazards in the road


When using the pavement there should be enough space to push a double buggy or pass through in a wheelchair. Sometimes our roads and pavements are temporarily blocked by road / building works or public events: we have licensing and permit arrangements in place for these activities.

We will only investigate if the obstruction is causing a safety issue ie forcing pedestrians into the road or causing cars to swerve.

Sometimes problems can be resolved informally: try speaking to the person or business responsible, tell them how the issue is affecting you and ask them to do something. If you're not successful and the obstruction is causing a safety problem let us know.

If a vehicle is causing an obstruction on a road which isn't covered by parking restriction you need to contact GMP on 101 and not us. 

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?