Help to manage your money as part of a support plan
In certain circumstances, your care manager may identify that you need help with money matters, such as paying bills or getting cash from the bank. This will be shown as part of your support plan. If this is the case, these pages explain what help is available from Manchester City Council and how our staff can support you.
We have strict rules and procedures covering the way our staff help you deal with your money and valuables. We will:
- Respect your right to control your own money and personal property.
- Help you to be as independent as possible in handling your own money.
- Manage your finances and valuables properly.
- Make sure that information about your finances is kept confidential.
- Safeguard against neglect and financial abuse.
- Make sure your property is safe and secure.
- Make sure that up-to-date records are kept secure.
We will also make sure our staff are trained to deal with your cash properly and make regular checks to ensure they understand the rules and procedures.