Manchester City Council

Homes & property Private tenancies and tenancy agreements

Types of tenancies

The type of tenancy agreement your tenant has depends on whether they share the home with you, and when they moved in.

If you share with your tenant

If they share with you, and you want them to leave, the tenant has to move out within a 'reasonable time' - depending on how often they pay the rent, how long they've lived there, and why you want them to go. Our housing advice service can explain tenancy rights in more detail.

When did they move in?

If you don't share with the tenant, the type of tenancy they have usually depends on when the tenancy started:

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?