Pay and allowances
You will be paid an average of £380 a week tax-free for one child.
If you've fostered before or have significant childcare experience you could be paid more. And if you foster more than one child you'll get a lot more.
You will get a regular income if you foster with us because we always have children who need a home.
We also provide:
- money for school uniforms, birthdays, Christmas or religious festivals, transport and holidays including petrol for trips over 3 miles
- equipment and funding for any special support the child needs.
We offer other benefits such as:
- excellent professional training
- monthly support groups across the city
- a Manchester Lesiure card that gives your family free access to Manchester Better gyms
- a Max card that gives large discounts on North West attractions
Social worker Geraldine Gordon explains a bit more about payments and the benefits of fostering for Manchester.
Call 0800 988 8931 (9am to 4.30pm week days) or complete our short form if you want to become a foster carer, arrange a call back, or just want to find out more.