There are many places to go and things to do during the summer holidays, many of them are free. Here are our top ten. . .
- Enjoy the 58 book-shaped benches across Manchester with the Book bench trail
- This year’s summer reading challenge is not just books! You could walk in a virtual world with dinosaurs, create 3D animals, code a drone or meet a hissing cockroach. There are nearly 200 activities across the city to get involved in.
- Get the whole family to discover bugs, trees, birds, bees and join in on mini-beast hunting, wild bingo and scavenger hunts with our RSPB nature trails and activities
- Unleash your football skills, become the next Ronaldo or Alex Ferguson with session on playing, leading and coaching the beautiful game with the Street Reds football sessions
- Find your sea legs at Debdale park Canoeing, kayaking and sailing
- Unearth your inner Sir Bradley Wiggins or Dame Laura Kenny and ride on the velodrome where they learnt their trade
- Discover the millions of creepy crawlies that living Heaton Park
- Learn how to play a new and different instrument with Ukulele lessons at Central Library
- On a hot summers night watch a play in the open air at Fletcher Moss
- Don’t hang around, but slash around this summer holidays with free swimming for all under 17s at all our leisure centres.
Top places to go