Why is compliance with Building Regulations important?The purpose of the Regulations is to ensure building work satisfies minimum constructional standards, energy conservation requirements and is accessible to all. If you want your building work to be:
- Structurally stable
- Safe in the event of a fire
- Weather resistant
- Constructed with adequate sound insulation
- Provided with healthy ventilation
- Constructed with safe stairways, ramps and guarding
- Provided with safety glass where appropriate
- Safe from dangerous electrical wiring
- Energy efficient
You need to ensure the work complies with the Building Regulations.
The Building Regulations exist to provide a safe, accessible and energy efficient built environment and it is in everyone's interest to ensure that buildings are constructed to these minimum standards.
Please see National CLG website for more information.