Local Authority Building Control has over a hundred years experience in dealing with the interpretation and implementation of Building Regulations and associated matters. We have access to extensive historical records and our local knowledge is second to none.
We promote and encourage the use of the Local Authority National Type Approval Confederation (LANTAC) scheme providing you with a quick and easy route through the Building Regulation plan approval procedure. Details are available upon request.
Qualified Building Control Professionals are available to advise you on technical matters and Building Regulation interpretation throughout the day.
We have a long established working relationship with the Greater Manchester Fire Service and other statutory authorities, thus keeping the required consultation period to a minimum.
- Reduces project costs
- Avoids delays
- Creates awareness of building constraints
- Is impartial Provides for flexible schemes for the payment of charges
- Can include liaison with other Council Departments
- Geological conditions
- Site constraints Local Acts and Regulations
- Past history of sites Continuity of local knowledge
Responsive and Comprehensive Inspection Service
- Fast response to inspection requests
- Site advice when problems arise
- Locally based district inspection team Provision of Completion Certificates
Plan Checking Service
- Fast turn around following pre-submission consultation
- We will assist your design team
- Genuine 'fast track' route where initial consultations have taken place
- Conditional Approvals
- Issue of Formal Approval Notices