Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on Sunday.

Read our tribute.


Planning & regeneration Building regulation approval

Choose which application to use

You have a choice of two applications you can submit; either a 'building notice' or 'full plans'. What you choose will depend how confident you are that the work meets building regulations. If you're unsure we recommend you apply using full plans.

  • Submit a full plans application. This is the most thorough option and gives you most protection. It's cheaper than submitting a building notice but you need to include detailed plans of the work you're doing
  • Submit a building notice. You don't need to submit plans with this application, but you must feel confident that the works comply with building regulations or you risk having to correct it after we've inspected it.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?