How the Business Rates Service uses your details
We are committed to improving our services for you.
We will use the information we have about your business to work out and collect business rates.
If you have provided us with personal data (information), we will process this according to the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation.
We will share your personal data within the Council or with external third parties where it is necessary and the law allows it, to:
- check accuracy, which means that we may check your information with other sources within the Council, or with other councils and Government departments
- prevent crime and detect fraud
- collect debt, and for audit purposes.
We will also use the information to prepare statistics and for research.
We would like to use your information to send you mail about Council services and initiatives we think will be of interest to your business.
We will not send this information to you unless unless we have your specific consent.
Our pledge to you:
- we will not share your personal data with third parties for commercial purposes - for example, we will not sell your data
we will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary
we will keep your personal data secure
we will respect your right to find out what information we have about you.
What we ask of you:
- please give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your personal information
- tell us if you notice mistakes or inaccuracies in the information we have about you.
This helps us keep our information reliable and up-to-date.
To obtain details of any personal data we have about you, contact the Council's Democratic Services Team .
For more information about data protection, visit the Information Commissioner's website.