Choosing a childcare provider
Entrusting a stranger with your child is a big step, so before you choose a provider you may want to consider the following tips:
- give yourself plenty of time to choose - holiday playschemes, for example, get booked up in advance
- ask other parents for recommendations
- make appointments to visit two or three providers to compare what's on offer, and get a feel for the staff
- think about your child's personality and interests - what environment will they prefer?
- check opening times, holiday dates and costs