Benefits of the EBP
Improve your organisation's performance and save money
Good environmental management goes hand in hand with good business performance and implementing environmental improvements can result in substantial economic and environmental savings.
Since 2005 the Environmental Business Pledge has helped 1600 organisations in Manchester:
- Achieve cost savings of £1,120,000
- Divert 3,700 tonnes of waste from landfill
- Increase and safeguard sales of £40,510,000
- Save 5,700 tonnes of CO2
We have also rewarded organisations across Manchester with 80 Gold awards, 23 Silver awards and almost 400 Bronze awards to recognise their commitment to reducing their environmental footprint.
View a list of current Environmental Business Pledge award holders.
Free advice and support
It is completely free to join the Environmental Business Pledge. Members of the scheme can benefit from:
- Clear advice on how to improve your business performance and reduce your environmental footprint
- Free environmental resource efficiency reviews to assess operating costs and productivity
- A report outlining areas for improvement, complete with pay-back periods and potential savings
- Guidance on introducing energy efficient capital improvements