Manchester City Council

Consultations & surveys Consultation: proposals for having licences for privately rented houses in Moss Side and Rusholme


We held a ten week consultation from 6 February to 21 April 2017 to find out what good housing means to local people. This information was used to decide if we need a selective licensing scheme in Central Manchester. 

For more information read the:

After reviewing comments from landlords and residents, we have decided to formally designate a selective licensing area within  Moss Side and Rusholme. This means that landlords and managing agents in specific parts of Moss Side and Rusholme  will need a licence to rent a home. If you are a landlord in the area, you have up to Sunday 7 January 2018 to apply for a licence.

See where we are running the scheme
See public notice

The scheme aims to improve management standards and conditions of private rented housing and support the reduction of anti social behaviour. For now, we are focussing on a small part of Moss Side and Rusholme, covering an area of around 1200 private sector homes. 

Download and read more about the consultation

  1. Consultation summary of the results
  2. Responses to the questions we asked
  3. Transcript of all questions or comments received during the consultation

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?