We want your thoughts about regeneration opportunities in three areas of Chorlton.
We are coordinating a consultation because although the three developments have different owners and developers, we want you to know about them and influence them as much as possible.
We want to know your views on:
- Chorlton Precinct - owned by the Greater Manchester Property Venture Fund. A complete redevelopment is proposed to bring a range of new homes and shops to the neighbourhood.
- Ryebank Road - land owned by Manchester Metropolitan University. The ambition is to build much-needed new homes for the south Manchester area.
- The former Chorlton Leisure Centre - owned by us. We want to sell the land to an interested organisation who will develop it in ways that benefit the local community.
We want your views to help form the thinking around the developments before final plans are drawn up.
You’ll also have the chance to comment again on the design of each site as part of the statutory planning process, when formal applications are submitted to the Council.
Tell us what you think by 5pm on Friday 15 December
As well as providing feedback online, you can attend a drop-in session to find out more about the proposals on:
- Thursday 2 November, 3.30 – 7.30pm at Oswald Road Primary School
- Thursday 9 November, 3.45 – 7.30pm at St John’s Primary School
- Saturday 18 November, 10am – 1pm at Oswald Road Primary School
- Thursday 23 November, 1.30 – 4.30pm at Chorlton Library.
A report of the results will be taken to the City Council’s executive meeting in early 2018.