About the unit
The Integrated Gang Management Unit is a multi-agency team aimed at safeguarding young people, families and communities from violent gang activity and supporting Gang Members exiting from the gang lifestyle.
The partnership incorporates, Children's Services, YOS, Probation and the Xcalibre Task Force (GMP) working across Manchester and Trafford.
What does the team do?
- Safeguards young people and families affected by gang activity
- Enforces the law to secure convictions for gang related offending
- Provides support for victims, witnesses, and families
- Rehabilitates those convicted of gang-related offending
- Presents young people with opportunities in education and employment
- Provides diversionary activities for young people on the periphery of gang activity