All cameras are colour and have pan, tilt and zoom capabilities, they are situated throughout the city and are monitored and recorded 24 hours per day.
Evidence is retained for a period of 31 days.
We use the camera to:
- Make Manchester a safe and clean place in which to live, work and visit;
- Reduce antisocial behaviour, youth nuisance, drug and alcohol misuse, and provide public reassurance;
- Gain evidence of environmental crimes such as graffiti, vandalism, littering and fly-tipping;
- Ensure that traffic flows easily and safely through the city's streets;
- Provide traffic management support and enforcement of moving traffic offences; and
- Provide assistance and direction in the event of a major emergency in the city.
Please note that recorded images may be used for research purposes.