We are committed to improving our services for you. to do this, we need to collect and use information about individuals we provide services for, and others we have contact with. We will use the information we have about you for research and statistics.
Our pledge to you
- We will process your personal data (information) according to the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation
- We will not share your personal data with third parties for commercial purposes - for example, we will not sell your data
- We will not use your personal data for marketing products or services without your consent
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary
- We will keep your personal data secure
- We will respect your right to find out what information we have about you
- We will only share your personal data if it is necessary and the law allows ie:
- to check accuracy, which means that we may check your information with other sources within the Council or with other councils and Government departments
- for crime prevention or detection of fraud, including the use of data-matching initiatives designed to protect public funds
What we ask of you
- Please give us accurate information
- Tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your personal information
- Tell us if you notice mistakes or inaccuracies in the information we have about you
This helps us keep our information reliable and up-to-date.