How the Work and Skills business information service uses your details
We are committed to improving our services for you.
Your information will be held and processed by Manchester City Council, which is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number Z6942262.
If you have provided us with personal data (your information), we will process this according to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the national legislation relating to data protection currently applicable.
We will process your information under our general power of competence contained in the Localism Act 2011. We will do this under the DPA for our own legitimate interests or to enable us to carry out our statutory functions. When the DPA is replaced by the GDPR on 25 May 2018, we will process your information in order to carry out our legal obligations and perform tasks in the public interest.
We will use your and your organisation’s details to contact you with information that could help your organisation. This could include information about business services and events that the Council delivers or funds; business news and legislation; consultations to seek your views about our services and key developments in the city; business to business requests; and opportunities to support local people, schools and charities. We may contact you by email, phone or post.
We will not send this information to you unless we have your specific consent.
If you consent to receiving information but change your mind, you can opt out at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will also use your information to be able to assess the effectiveness and take up of our information service and to see the types of organisation that use it so that it can be better tailored to meet the needs of our business community. We will also use your information to build up a picture of our local business community to help us support you.
We may share your information with our other services where we believe this will help your organisation or our efficiency, for example, telling our planning department if you are affected by a local planning application or liaising with our business rates section about a business rates discount. These services may contact you by email, phone or post.
We will also share your information within the Council or with external third parties where it is necessary and the law allows it, to:
- check accuracy, which means that we may check your information with other sources within the Council, or with other councils, public authorities and Government departments and they can check your information held by us
- for audit purposes
- to prepare statistics and for research
- comply with legal obligations requiring disclosure of personal data including:
- preventing and detecting crime including fraud
- protecting the Council’s financial position by identifying the misuse of resources
Our pledge to you
- we will not share your information with third parties for commercial purposes - for example, we will not sell your information
- we will only hold the minimum amount of your information necessary for our use
- we will not keep your information for longer than necessary
- we will keep your personal data secure by holding it electronically on secure servers to which only authorised and suitably trained persons using secure logins will have access on a strictly need to know basis
- we will respect your right to find out what information we have about you.
- sometimes we may need to transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, for example, if your information is stored in the cloud. If we do, we shall ensure that adequate protection is provided for your rights and that standard contractual clauses approved by the European Union are used where necessary.
What we ask of you
- please give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your personal information
- tell us if you notice mistakes or inaccuracies in the information we have about you.
This helps us keep our information reliable and up-to-date.
To make a request for information held about you, contact the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how we handle data subject access requests, please see www.manchester.gov.uk/dataprotection
You may request the Council not to process your information, by emailing the Council at email@example.com
For further information, please visit www.manchester.gov.uk/dataprotection
If you are dissatisfied with the processing of your personal data you may complain to
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
This form will be reviewed regularly to ensure that the information on it is correct and up to date and to ensure that it complies with any new Data Protection legislation including legislation relating to the GDPR and any subsequent national legislation.