I can't find a record for a person I believe to have been buried in Manchester
There are several possible reasons for this:
- The site is under constant development and more records are still to be added
- The person may have been cremated and these records only relate to people that have been buried
- Some burial register pages have suffered damage and so certain information may be missing or in some cases the handwriting is very difficult to read, so there is a possibility that the names could have been spelled incorrectly although every effort has been made to ensure accuracy
- The person may have been buried in a cemetery that is not operated by Manchester City Council and therefore no records are held for these burials within this system
- The person may have been buried within church grounds and these records are not available on our online system
- The person may be buried in a cemetery which, although managed by Manchester City Council, may now be closed. The records contained in the system are from cemeteries currently in use and managed by Manchester City Council.