An Introduction to the Council's Equality Team
We do this partly by providing equality advice, guidance and tools that put equality considerations at the heart of the Council's day-to-day business. These processes support the Council to meet its legal requirements set out by the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED). The Council's aims reach beyond just being legally compliant though, and we also support the Council to respond proactively to common equality issues in the City.
We recognise that the profile of
Below are some of the key areas of our work:
- Advice, guidance and support on equality issues, legislation and statutory duties;
- Engagement with and building our understanding of
- Leading on the collation and publication of the Council's Equality Information;
- Leading on the development and supporting the implementation of Council-wide Equality Objectives;
- Developing tools for and supporting the completion of Equality Impact Assessments;
- Developing and coordinating the Council's equality performance management processes
If you can not find the equality information that you require or have any queries for us, please contact us.