It's never too early to join the library - bring your baby along and see what's available! We have:
- a wide range of board books for babies, some with sound and different textures to appeal to the senses.
- picture books for toddlers and pre-school children, with hundreds to choose from - favourite TV characters, books about everyday situations such as going to playgroup or a visit to the doctor, books with songs, nursery rhymes, number, colour, dual language books, books to share at bedtime, anytime!
- stories, rhymes and songs on CD
- storybags are available in many of our libraries, these are themed bags containing a book, a toy, a CD and colouring sheet - a fantastic resource to share with your child
- Manchester Bookstart has packs for all children under the age of five, filled with free books and advice for carers about book sharing, reading, play and fun
Things to do
Many libraries have regular weekly sessions (term time only) for babies and young children featuring stories, rhymes and songs, including Tiny Tots and Toddler Times sessions.
Looking for more activities and events?