Overdue items - notification charge
- Postcards 70p each
- Final reminder letters £1 each
- Prosecution letters £5 each
- Court summons £10 each
- Fees at court £30 (plus any fines imposed by the Magistrate)
You cannot borrow any library items while you have any fines owing.
Overdue items - fines and recharges
Add your email address to your account so that we can then send you free email reminders before your loans become overdue. Renew online with only a few clicks!
- Books - fine of 20p per item per day
- CDs, Spoken Word, Language Courses and Playsets - fine of 20p per item per day
- Weekly DVDs, Blu-ray - recharge of 30p per item per day
- Two-day Loan DVDs and Blu-ray - daily recharge equivalent to the full re-hire charge
- Children under 13 do not pay fines or recharges
- People aged 13-15 do not pay fines on books but do pay all other fines and recharges
- People aged 16-59 pay all fines and recharges
- People over 60 do not pay fines but do pay recharges
- Visually impaired people aged 0-17 are exempt from fines and recharges
- Visually impaired people aged 18-59 pay all fines and recharges
- Visually impaired people over 60 do not pay fines but do pay recharges
Lost and damaged Items
- You will be asked to pay the current replacement cost of the item and an administration charge of £2 per item
- The full replacement cost of the item (and £2 administration) is also charged for missing packaging and text from CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray etc.
- If the lost item is later found, we will refund any replacement cost paid (on production of receipt) but not the administration charge of £2
- Missing bar codes - 50p per item
How to pay your fine
- Fines can be paid at any of our libraries either at the counter or via the RFID machines.
- We accept cash, cheque and in some libraries debit or credit card.