At Manchester Libraries, we aim to provide books and other resources for as many people as possible in a range of languages.
Here is a list of languages and the libraries where they are currently held. If you find it difficult to get to any of the libraries listed, your nearest Manchester library can borrow books in your mother tongue for you at no charge. Please ask a member of staff to order them for you.
- Arabic: Chorlton, City Library, Fallowfield, Longsight, Withington
- Bengali: Longsight, City Library
- Chinese: City Library
- Czech: Wythenshawe Forum
- French: City Library
- German: City Library
- Irish: City Library
- Italian: City Library
- Kurdish: Hulme
- Lithuania: Wythenshawe Forum
- Persian/Farsi : City Library, Longsight, Withington, Wythenshawe Forum
- Polish: Chorlton, City Library, Gorton, North City, Withington, Wythenshawe Forum
- Russian: City Library, Wythenshawe Forum
- Somali: Hulme, Fallowfield, Moss Side Powerhouse
- Spanish: City Library
- Urdu: Arcadia Levenshulme, Burnage, Chorlton, City Library, Crumpsall, Fallowfield, Hulme, Longsight, Withington, Wythenshawe Forum
We don't just have books. There are music CDs, DVDs, and computer software from many countries and cultures. We also have many dual language picture books for children.