Sunday market & car boot (New Smithfield)
Casual trading at New Smithfield Sunday market & car boot
There is no need to pre-book trading spaces at the New Smithfield Sunday market & car boot - casual trading spaces are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Just turn up on Sunday and join the queue at the back of the market. Gates open from 5am and spaces are allocated from 6am. Trading is 7am until 2pm. You can pay for your spaces by debit or credit card only, we do not take cash or cheque.
Casual trading on the Real Car Boot outdoor spaces
This is the perfect arrangement for traditional car booters selling unwanted household goods on an ad hoc basis. The outdoor trading spaces allow room to park your car or van, space for a table and chair, and cost £19 for cars and £25 for vans per space.
Casual trading on the Sunday market
The Sunday Market is a great covered and outdoor space for retail traders to sell their wares - both new and used. This doesn't include the sale of fresh food (e.g. catering units, ice-cream vans or butchers meat) which is restricted to licensees. A trading space is approximately 6 metres by 3 metres and costs £39.50.
There are some restrictions to what you can sell, including the following, although this list is not exhaustive:
- Counterfeit or fake goods
- Android / Kodi and all similar TV streaming digi-boxes
- All substances known and classed as ‘Legal Highs’ including poppers and laughing gas
- Any drugs or anything related to drugs whether pharmaceutical or otherwise
- Swords and knives, including any that are replica and / or ornamental, but excluding kitchen knives
- Firearms and ammunition including any that are replica and / or ornamental
- Explosive materials including fireworks
- Off-road motorised vehicles
- Anything of a pornographic, offensive or morally questionable nature
- Accident and injury compensation claim services
- Clothing that represents or promotes gangs, violence, drugs, firearms and ammunition
Regular trading at New Smithfield Sunday Market
You can apply to trade regularly from the same space on the Sunday Market using the link below. Refer to our guidance notes for more information.
The sale of take away hot / cold food and drink, ice-cream and butcher's meat is restricted to specific licensed spaces, which are generally fully occupied. When any of these spaces become available will advertise the details at the market.