Manchester City Council

Technical problems

Due to a technical problem we are unable to take payments via our contact centre. We are working to fix this as quickly as possible.

Services affected and other ways to pay.


Births, marriages, deaths & nationality Applications for venues to be approved for marriage & civil partnership ceremonies

Applications can be made to the Manchester Register Office for the approval of Manchester venues for civil marriage and civil partnership ceremonies. A requirement of this process is that the application is publicised for 21 days during which time objections to the application can be made by members of the public.

Below are links to public notices for current applications received by the Manchester Registration Service and information on how to make an objection. Please note a premises making an application may choose to advertise on this website or in a local newspaper (one that is published at least once a week).

There are two types of application which can be made:

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?