Manchester City Council

Environmental problems Radiation/radon

Radioactive substances

A number of premises use, keep and dispose of small amounts of radioactive materials. In Manchester these are commonly radiography departments of hospitals and medical centres.  

All these premises are registered with the Environment Agency who are obliged to send us a copy of the certificate for each premises.   

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?